Cynthia + Nic had a stunning maternity shoot in New Jersey at Rosedale Park this past week. It was a cold, blustery day, but we still got some great pictures. The park provides large grassy areas, a lake for fishing & trails for hiking, biking & horseback riding.
The huge fields with grass provided a perfect backdrop for a fall maternity shoot in New Jersey.
Maternity shoot New Jersey
We found an old fence that fit the theme of the shoot nearby and had some cute seated maternity portraits.
Cynthia looked stunning in her Halter Maxi Maternity Dress by A Pea in the Pod.
The park contains a large pond with a walk-out deck that makes it easy to take beautiful pictures along the water.
As we walked along, we found an unusual arch-shaped tree that perfectly framed the couple.
We finished up the shoot with some couple’s maternity walking pictures and some shots in the tall grass near the lake.
Maternity Session Tips:
- Getting a special maternity dress makes a world of difference. Pea in the Pod has some great choices.
- Dads are encouraged to participate– a suit and slacks looks great in any Maternity shoot.
- Have your session done based on the size you want your bump to be. The pictures above were taken at 6 months. Small to Medium bumps are at months 5-6. Medium to Large bumps are at months 6-8.
- Having a professional makeup artist can make a huge difference. We can recommend a few great options in your area!
- If you have a >2 hour session, you will have time for multiple outfits. We bring a changing pod for convenient on location wardrobe changes.
Are you planning a maternity shoot? Contact us to book a maternity session today! Read this related article about the top 10 best Philadelphia Maternity Locations.
Check out a recent maternity shoot at Hunting Hill Mansion.
About the Author: John Ryan, owner of J&J Studios, is a portrait, wedding, and event photographer based in Philadelphia.